What is a lead form, how to create it and how to work with it?
Lead-form on Facebook is an alternative to lending, a form that collects contact information of users interested in the company’s offer. A potential customer sees an advertisement on Facebook, presses the “More Details” button and gets to the page with the text and banner placed in the social network news line.
After reading the text part, the user goes on – the button with the message. Then follows the form, where the client’s data is pulled: most often automatically from Facebook. Minus this method – not all point to the social network profile real data. Nevertheless, as practice shows, 90% of the data are true.
After the user presses the button “Send” – he gets on the screen of gratitude.
Lid forms do not require such labor as the creation of landings and are convenient for testing the product. They help to understand how the campaign works and how much the users are interested in the product.
The specialists of the agency “Ivanych” used the lead-forms in more than 10 niches – in events, commodity business, the sphere of services and infobusiness. More than half of the projects in which Vlad is engaged to relate to the information business.
How to create a lead-form
To create a lead-form you need:
- Enter the advertising office on Facebook.
- Click the button “Create announcement.”
- Choose the purpose of advertising – the generation of leads.
- Perform the standard steps for setting up an advertising campaign: interests, geography, gender, age, and other signs of Central Asia.
- To accept conditions of use of advertising for generation of leads.
- Click the “New Form” button.
- In the Materials tab, enter a title, upload an image, and enter text information. The text should be submitted rather succinctly, for clarity, divided into blocks that are convenient for reading.
- Fill in the “Questions” field – user information. Facebook automatically selects the name and email address of the recipient. This is the default information. You can select additional information about the user. To do this, check the corresponding options. In addition to standard data, it is possible to ask individually customized questions, for example, directly related to a product or event.
- Fill in the data for the “Screen of gratitude.”
Advantages and disadvantages
The most controversial issue is the quality of applications. When working with the customer quite often the situation arises: after several hundred applications have already been received at a price, for example, about 50 cents per piece, there are claims to their quality. The reason is simply a reluctance to process applications normally. About 15% of applications are “slag” – incomplete actions of users who for some reason interrupted registration. Such people are usually frightened after calling managers of the company and are asked to remove their data from the client base, etc.
In many respects, the quality of the application depends on the quality of the content presented on the first page of the form.
An important aspect is the processing speed of the application. The faster the better. The user who agreed to provide the data in 2-3 days may not remember this – it is useless to call.
- The high speed of creation.
- An inexpensive source of contacts for potential buyers.
- A good tool for analytics and campaign evaluation.
- Does not require additional knowledge and skills for implementation – everything is very clear. To start, you just need to follow the instructions.
- Integration with CRM-systems, mail, and everything that is needed.
- Facebook is missing from time to time. This is reflected in the work of the advertising cabinet – some functions may not be available for some time. In this situation, it can be quite difficult to explain to the client that the campaign is not running, as technical work is being carried out on Facebook or new updates are being launched.
- Lid-form does not allow you to get the same degree of perception as lending. The design of landings and a large number of screens give a more complete picture of the product or event. In the lead form, only text is available and it is by no means a fact that everyone will want to read it.
- Quality of applications. With this, you can fight. To improve the quality of applications, you can exclude automation when filling in some important fields and indicate that such data must be entered manually.
Additional questions help to improve the quality of applications. For example, from the automatic field, the user’s phone number is removed and transferred to the category of individual questions. Such applications are more expensive, but their quality is increasing.
Also a configurable option, which does not allow the user to send an application without the required data. This is important for advertising events – conferences, seminars, etc. The organizers of events desperately need quality applications – this allows us to assess the scale and prospects of the event.
Where are the Leads displayed
Often after the launch of campaigns using lead forms, it turns out that customers do not have an idea of where the information about the leads arrives, and they do not process the received applications.
This data is displayed on the company’s business page (the “Tools for publication” option). At the bottom of the drop-down list, the option “Forms of advertising for leads” appears, from which you need to download incoming information about the clients for further processing.
It can be connected to the CRM-system or set up so that new orders get into the mail.
Examples of Lead Forms
- Event in Kiev on how to organize an event. For the advertising campaign, it was decided to use only the lead forms. The banner was created more information, than advertising character. Its purpose is to make it clear what the advertised event is about. The campaign attracted not a lot of people, but this was not the goal – the customer does not have the physical ability to process a large number of applications. During the campaign, it turned out that users do not pay attention to the date of the event they want to participate in. To the manager’s question “Do you intend to attend the event?” The question “When is it?” Often sounds.
- Advertising of the Moscow barbershop. The emphasis of this lead-form is on the discount. A very popular sphere with high competition, so the main thing is to attract the attention of potential customers. Standard lead-form, field “Phone number” which must be filled manually to minimize low-quality applications.
- Beauty salon in St. Petersburg with an offer to visit the solarium. In this campaign, the best quality image of the institution worked.
Questions and Answers
- According to Facebook’s recommendation, a banner should contain no more than 20% of the text. How does this affect the number of leads and does it affect at all?
Facebook reluctantly starts advertising with large text arrays, as it understates covers. But if the ad is qualitative and an assessment of the relevance of 8 to 10, then the amount of text does not matter. “Evaluation of relevance” is one of the criteria by which Facebook evaluates how much advertising suits the audience. The policy of Facebook is aimed at promoting high-quality content and if analytical mechanisms give high praise to the ad, then it will receive approval.
2. What are the minimum advertising budget and the terms of the advertising campaign?
The minimum budget is $ 200 and one week. If you go back to the example of the event, which is devoted to the organization of events, in this case, the campaign cost only $ 150, lasted a week and very quickly “burned out” – if the cost of the application at the start was 20 cents, then it quickly rose in price. This indicates a low interest of Central Asia.
3. Low adaptability on mobile devices – incorrect display of banners and other errors. Has Facebook fixed that did not recommend banners on mobile devices for setting up leads, this drawback?
This flaw was when the banner was pulled from the ads and the text or image on it did not meet Facebook’s requirements for creating lead forms. If you comply with all the requirements, then banners are displayed correctly on any devices.